everybody scream! :oO Yeah, yeah, I'm a dork I know. :oP
So I managed to get all the costumes done just in the nick of time, phew. AJ and I stayed up until midnight last night gluing strips of fabric to my mummy costume, but it's officially ready for the festivities! Brody's school is having a fall festival tonight and from there we're all going to make a parade over to the park for some trunk-or-treat fun. Hopefully our little witch will be in a good mood this evening so we can make it to everything.
There's a costume contest and Brody's pretty sure we're going to bring home a prize, but we'll just have to wait and see. That would be pretty neat if we won though. :o)
ETA: Here are the pictures! Unfortunately we didn't bring home any prizes in the costume contest :o( The categories were most original, scariest, and funniest and we didn't really fit into any of those...but I'm on a mission for next year! I have 364 days to come up with and make costumes for a fantastic original family theme :o) any ideas and suggestions are welcome :oD
And for the crafty details...my costume was made out of muslin, I sewed up a shirt and pants and then we tore the rest of the fabric into strips and glued them all over with fabric glue. Adelyn's was a cute little tunic top/dress that I found a pattern for here as well as some Halloween knee socks I converted into baby leggings. Brody's was a shirt and pants that he had grown out of that I shredded and washed, as well as dyed with coffee to give it an aged color and smeared with face paint. AJ's vampire getup was a tuxedo shirt I added some snaps to, a fleece cape (with interfacing in the collar and a snap front) that I winged (pun intended :oP), and a last minute fleece cummerbund. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Can't wait 'til next year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment