and i'm addicted to making stuff! :oD
About halfway through my pregnancy with my daughter Adelyn I got an itch to start making things for her. We use cloth diapers so I figured I could save money by just sewing some up myself. My mom got me a sewing machine for my birthday, so I bought some fabric and got started. I hit some bumps in the road since my last sewing experience was more than 10 years ago, and merely a pitiful attempt at making myself a bumblebee costume for Halloween, but I really enjoyed experimenting and creating things.
After that, I decided I should learn to knit so I could make a sweet little hat for my baby girl. I successfully taught myself to knit and churned out a cute hat that was barely big enough for a doll (and obviously too tiny for an actual baby). But after a couple more tries I got it down pat.
Then knitting cascaded into wanting to dye my own yarn, and it continues on from there. :o)
Here is a slideshow with some of the things that I've created up to now...
Monday, October 26, 2009
hi my name is kara...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment